1. Read the information carefully provided to you in the course prospectus and other information provided, such as schedule of fees, policies and procedures, including VET FEE HELP requirements if you choose to apply for VET FEE HELP funding for your course.
2. If you need any further clarification or information, please contact us either by phone on (08) 94173553 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person, to ensure you understand all of your commitments and requirements.
3. Complete the enclosed Application Form in your own handwriting and post it to AIHM, PO Box 3079, Success, WA, 6964, or deliver it by hand to our administration office at 862 North Lake Road, Cockburn Central, WA. Please ensure you enclose:
• a signed AIHM Rules & Regulations document (Section H of this application form)
• a Certified copy of your Birth Certificate
• a Certified copy of the identification pages of your Australian passport
• if you do not hold an Australian passport you will need to provide:
• a certified copy of your Australian Citizenship Certificate or
• your Permanent Residents visa in your passport
• 2 character references (obtained from the head of a school, teacher, priest, doctor or your health professional, lawyer, responsible officer of a recognised volunteer Organisation, head of your organisation/workplace)
• Certified copies of any relevant educational certificates
• 2 recent passport size photographs
• Any other substantial evidence that will be helpful for your selection, including evidence to substantiate your claim for exemptions (if you are applying for any exemptions)
4. Following the receipt of your completed application form, we will contact you to inform you whether you have been successful in obtaining a place in your chosen course, or you may be asked to attend an interview.
5. If you have been selected, a Letter of Offer will be posted to you together with a Letter of Acceptance.
6. Carefully read the Letter of Offer and if you are happy with the contents then sign and return the Letter of Acceptance.
7. Upon receipt of your signed Letter of Acceptance we will forward details of your orientation session, your following term’s timetable (as soon as they become available) and the VET FEE HELP application forms if you have chosen VET FEE HELP funding option in your application.
8. If you are unsuccessful in your application, a letter will be issued with the reasons for the AIHM’s decision. If you are unhappy with the reasons given, you are invited to contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss your concerns or provide any further evidence.