Yoga (Sanskrit “yuj” – to unite) is the union of body mind and soul. In the well documented Yoga Sutras of Patañjali, there are 8 steps to achieve this union. The various steps and techniques of Yoga work toward purifying, realigning and maintaining body and mind for optimal, holistic health. Yoga can be used as a tool to learn to:
- Find balance between softness and firmness, suppleness and strength;
- Develop a greater sense of self-awareness to self-heal;
- Remain relaxed in any stressful situation;
- Stay focused even in the mundane;
- Be content whilst striving to achieve highest potential;
- Reach a state of bliss or universal consciousness.
This Yoga elective is an interactive course that involves both theoretical and practical exercises.
The following topics will be covered:
- Principles and benefits of Yoga
- Patañjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Ayurvedic perspectives on Yoga to balance doshas (individual constitution)
- Yogic diet and lifestyle
- Reciprocal relaxation of muscles for safer āsana (postural) practice.
- Basic pranayama (breath awareness)
- Various meditation techniques for relaxation and health
- Subtle energy systems including chakras (energy centres) and pancha koshas (5 bodies of man)
The aim of this course is to help guide participants to develop an appropriately individualised Yoga practice to promote holistic healing.
|DATE||30th January – 10th April 2015 Fridays|
|TIME||5:00 – 8:00 pm|
|VENUE||AIHM, Massage Room862 North Lake Road, Cockburn Central, WA
Phone : (08) 9417 3553 Fax : (08) 9417 1881
|COST||$600.00 – Domestic Students|
|Course Duration||10 weeks|
|Mode of Delivery||On campus|