During this elective you will learn how to incorporate herbs into your daily life.
So often Herbology is thought of as a medical alternative. Though it certainly offers a
marvellous system of natural healing, Herbology should not be regarded as simply a subject about disease and sickness.
Many consider herbs of value only as ingredients in potpourris, others consider herbs
primarily for their nutritional and culinary value.
During this elective we will embrace ALL of these aspects while emphasising Herbology as a powerful healing tool with health and wellbeing as its primary focus.
You will learn over ten weeks how to make up your own herbal preparations in a fun,
educative and practical manner.
This elective is a core unit for Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy
and Nutritional Medicine.
Areas covered in this course include:
- How to harvest, dry and manufacture herbs
- How to encapsulate herb powders
- How to make infusions and decoctions
- How to make and apply compresses and poultices
- How to make an infused oil and turn it into a salve or ointment
- How to make tinctures (alcohol and non- alcohol based)
- How to make syrups and oxymels
- How to make creams and lotions, ointments and linaments
- How to make lozenges and pastilles
- How to make herbal wine
- How to make and provide safe herbals for children (herb candy)
- How to make pessaries and suppositories
|Dates:||2nd February – 30th March 2015 (8 weeks)|
|Time:||11.00 AM – 2.00 PM|
|Venue:||AIHM – 862 North Lake Road, Cockburn Central|
|Cost:||$625.00 (includes $25 for supporting course notes)|