This unit focuses on Ayurvedic nutritional aspects and is a core unit, therefore compulsory for students enrolled in the Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda or the Certificate IV in Ayurvedic Lifestyle. For any other student who would like to learn more about Ayurvedic nutrition this can be taken as an elective, without any assessments. Non-enrolled students of the AIHM are also welcome to enrol.
We are pleased to include this unit in our range of available electives, so that students who are not enrolled in the Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda can also complete the unit and gain elective credits. Since participants need to have a prior understanding of the various Doshas and Ayurvedic concepts completion of the Ayurveda unit AYV130 (or the equivalent) is a pre-requisite to enrol in this unit.
Content of this unit includes:
- The basic principles of dietetics according to Ayurveda
- The knowledge and importance of tastes, potency, qualities, actions, etc of the foods Dravya guna (Rasa, guna, virya, vipaka, prabhava, etc of food and herbs)
- In depth knowledge of taste (Rasa) and its actions on body, food and mind
- Factors of diet and dietetics
- Knowledge of Agni (digestion) and diet according to prakruthi and vikruthi
- Dietary suggestions for the tridoshas
- Sattvic diet
- Energies of food
- Cultural restrictions on diet and nutritional supplementation
Course Duration: 24 Hrs
Mode of Study: On Campus
VENUE: AIHM, 862 North Lake Road, Cockburn Central, WA
PRE-REQUISITE: Completion of Ayurveda AYV130 (or equivalent)