Aromatherapy has been used for many generations and is a gentle yet effective complementary therapy designed to help maintain good health by the correct use andapplication of pure essential oils obtained from plants.
Areas covered in this course include:
- Safety/contra indications – which oils to use with care and which not to use at all.
- Study 12 essential oils in detail looking at the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of each of the oils.
- Various ways of using essential oils, finding the most appropriate method of application in a variety of situations.
- Blending, we look at the process of blending, taking into consideration the essential oil notes and therapeutic effects of combining various oils, you will get hands on experience of preparing a variety of blends which you then take home.
- Essential oils and common ailments. We look at a variety of ailments and discuss the most appropriate oils to use.
- You will receive substantial course notes covering a wide range of conditions/ ailments with lots of suggestions and blends to use for each.
- Carrier oils and their therapeutic properties. What to look for when buying carrier oils, how to select the most appropriate carrier for various skin requirements and therapeutic properties, shelf life, storage etc.
- Essential oils for skin care. We look at a variety of skin types; you will prepare a skin care package suited to your individual needs. You then use these products during the aromatherapy facial practical, and then take them home.
- Aromatherapy for pregnancy and childbirth.
Pre requisites: None
Course Duration: 30 Hrs
Mode of Study: On Campus
Cost: Local Students: $630.00 (includes $30 for manufacturing materials and supporting course notes)
Should there be insufficient students the AIHM reserves the right to postpone the unit and any fees received will be refunded in full.
For More information and to register click here!